Saturday 22 June 2013

Tanushree Nair's innovatove products


                                                          
 
Founded by Tanushree Nair, Karaashilp, the winner of Designer Travelista Contest in the audience's choice category, is a lifestyle label offering contemporary hand made products. The denim bags are designed such that you can't help but fall in love with them! Here is what Tanushree has to say about her label.

Tell us something about yourself and your design venture.

I am a "retired IT professional" who found my calling in hand crafted products. I was exposed to art & craft right from my early age as I saw my sister & mum doing it actively. As a kid too, I used to save a little bit of this n that and would craft up something out of left over materials. Meaning the ground for recycling/upcycling was set very early in my life. After an almost 9 & half year stint in the corporate world, I decided to call it quits and since I was not the one to sit idle, started dabbling in sewing, crochet. I found my hubby's old disposed denims & an old torn bandhani dresslying around from some time and decided to make a bag out of it. Thats how my first product came out (Thanks to my hubby!!! :)). And I went on to make some more. The bags found acceptance in the market and thats how Karaashilp came in to existence on 1st September 2011. 
"Karaa" means hand and "Shilp" means craft in sanskrit, literally meaning "Hand Craft". The idea is to make Karaashilp a one-stop store for contemporary, eco friendly, functional lifestyle hand made products. Our flagship product - Upcycled denim bags are still the most adored, hot selling products.

What are the products you are currently offering? Your future plans with regards to your label?

Currently Karaashilp offers two ranges: Eco & Premium, each having sections in bags/totes, home decor, jewellery & accessories. Eco range caters to all things upcycled and Premium range caters to our new line of products. We are focusing on the Eco range right now as everybody loves our Denim range products. We are planning an entire gamut of products not just for the fashion-savvy women but also for the cool men-folk and the adorable kids!!

What according to you is the USP of your label? How would you describe your label in one word?

The USP of our label has always been exclusivity and uniqueness in design with functionality going hand-in-hand without compromising the beauty.Our products and brand oozes "Passion".

Tell us what inspires your designs. When not designing, how do you recharge your creative batteries?

Anything and everything around us inspires my designs. Elements of nature, people, everyday situations...anything. One just has to be alert to absorb the vastness around us. I generally love to unwind with a coffee and a book or jump on to our very own WWW and browse around aimlessly!!!

If there is one dream destination (any city, culture, country) which you would like to inspire your designs, which one will it be?

Venice  for its beautiful setting, architecture and artworks

Where can we buy your products?

You can buy our products from our online store: www.karaashilp.com.
Like us on FB: www.facebook.com/Karaashilp 
Follow us on Twitter:  @karaashilp

1 comment:

  1. hey are you still taking entry .?
    https://www.facebook.com/M.DesignStudio9

    ReplyDelete